Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Simple Mistake

I stabbed a man the other day
I didn't mean to do it
It, was an accident
An honest mistake
Or least I didn't see myself doing it yesterday
that makes it an accident
Right?

There was hesitation at first
So I have to have a conscience
I mean, I'm not a bad person
I just made a mistake

As the knife went in I immediately felt horrible 
I was like, 
"Oh my God! What am I doing!"

When he died I buried him.
I'm not like those other people who just toss them in a ditch
I had compassion!
I'm not them!
I'm them, but I'm not them!
We all make mistakes!

I don't feel guilty, because I know in my heart I made a simple mistake

Simple Mistake? What makes your mistake so simple?

A mistake is when you simply do something you didn't mean to do. Its simple as that. We ALL make mistakes!

I feel you're confusing simplicity with ignorance and denial. Many of us here have made mistake, but NONE of us have made the "SIMPLE" mistake of killing someone. Because WE know that committing "SIMPLE" mistakes like your leads to "COMPLICATED" consequences, like the one you are experiencing now. 

Your honor, I no further questions for the defendant.

The Defendant may leave the stand. 

No comments: